Warehouse Alterations & Extension Warwick
Summary: Warehouse alterations and extension to provide new office areas, canopy and concrete yard.
Description of Works: Alterations and extension of 2000m2 warehouse creating 300m2 of offices over 2 floors, a 43m clear span canopy for offloading articulated vehicles plus a new concrete yard with associated services. The project was delivered in 2 phases with the facility being operational on a 24-hour basis.
The building provides:
- 15 no. 38m2 offices with tea prep facilities
- 1 no. 31m2 office
- a communal kitchen/common room
- a meeting room
- structural alterations and strip-out
- alterations to room layouts
- formation of openings
- stud partition walls
- mechanical & electrical installations including air conditioning
- kitchen installation
- new windows and doors (including roller shutter doors)
- floor finishes including carpet tiles and vinyl
- suspended ceilings
- 720m2 concrete floor slab with associated drainage
- steel-frame 43m long canopy
- brick base wall construction
- metal roofing and cladding
External works included the construction of new road access and 4000m2 concrete hardstanding.”
- Achieving the required BREEAM credits. Site registered with the Considerate Constructers Scheme with aim to achieve minimum score of 32 (exceeded on 2 audits), responsible sourcing of timber from FSC suppliers, use of recycled aggregates and effective management of site impacts e.g. waste, energy, water consumption and transport. SWMP encouraged reduction, re-use and recycling of materials and identified target for non-hazardous waste not to exceed 3.2 tonnes or 3.4m2 per 100m2.
- Revised drainage layout required due to the drainage impact assessment being re-assessed and showing a risk of flooding. Revised drainage designs were concluded and approved for use.
Registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme the project received a Certificate of Performance Beyond Compliance and was delivered to BREEAM ‘Excellent’ standard and within the ethos of the Dundee Waterfront ‘BREEAM Sustainable Communities’ bid.
- 2014 Scottish Design Awards: Commendation for Architecture: Commercial/ Offices Building or Project
- 2014 Dundee Civic Trust Awards: Commendation for its outstanding contribution to the townscape of Dundee
Fly-through construction images