Westfield House Edinburgh
Summary: Phased office refurbishment.
Description of Works: Phased refurbishment works to an operational office building to provide 700m2 of upgraded office facilities including a business centre, meeting rooms, tea prep and toilet areas.
- Asbestos removal and encapsulation
- Roof repairs
- Partition walls
- Electrical & data installation
- Flooring including carpet tiles and vinyl
- Suspended ceilings and decoration
- Furniture including workstations, task chairs, monitor arms and storage cabinets
Attention to detail and design coordination was essential so that the works were completed within the phased and challenging timescales.
- With budget constraints on the project we proposed that the ceiling frame be retained throughout and where necessary we retained existing ceiling tiles to complete repairs; this minimised replacement of new tiles to isolated rooms at 15% of the floor area.
- The removal and disposal of the bitumen based floor adhesive which contained asbestos used significant quantities of chemical product to dissolve the bitumen and created waste which had specific disposal requirements; the proposal to encapsulate the adhesive with a revised specification of floor screed, which was always required, reduced product used and waste with special disposal requirements.
“Well done in completing the first phase of the works, on programme and with zero snagging. The client is delighted with the end product which has exceeded their expectations.”
“Thank you for your continued support in delivering the project, with another successful handover to our client. The handover of Phase 2 a day early has assisted the client to better manage their move management on two projects which occur over the same weekend, an effort which is greatly appreciated.”