Community Workshop Lanark
Summary: Redevelopment of dilapidated farm buildings to provide a training facility.
Description of Works: Refurbishment and extension of dilapidated farm buildings to provide a new community training workshop, exhibition space, office/meeting accommodation, changing facilities, conference room, catering/kitchen facilities and toilets. The new 590m² building is primarily single storey, with a partial 2-storey element, and encloses a central courtyard.
- partial demolition
- retention of some stone walls
- timber kit
- eternity & larch cladding
- curtain walling
- slate roof cladding
- M&E installations including ventilation/air conditioning, alarm systems, data comms, access control, underfloor heating
- rainwater harvesting
- metal stud partitions
- glazed screens
- floor, wall and ceiling finishes
- external works included clearing vegetation, excavations, external concrete slab, access road, car parking, hard and soft landscaping including block paving, granite setts, seeding and turfing, planting and fencing.
At tender stage we contributed to a value engineering exercise which resulted in cost savings of around £300,000 in relation to insulation, lighting, plasterboard, suspended ceilings and paving slabs.