Bruntsfield House Edinburgh
Summary: Fabric repairs to Grade A listed building within an operational school campus.
Description of Works: Extensive fabric repairs to the Grade A listed, occupied building within the James Gillespie’s school campus.
- stripping and reslating of existing pitched roofs and turret
- timber repairs to sarking
- new rooflights
- timber treatment works
- renewing flashings and valley gutters
- repairing/redecorating rainwater goods and railings
- repointing/repairing chimneyheads
- high level pointing to crow stepped gables
- taking down and rebuilding part gable/chimneyhead and stone dormers
- timber and glazing repairs
- overhauling and redecorating windows
- hacking off existing pointing to elevations
- repairing/replacing stone and repointing
- investigating dampness to south elevation and alleviating
- taking down and rebuilding west stone steps and supporting wall.
Added Value: We were pro-active when working with the Building Surveyors to determine the extent of repairs: this involved extensive surveys and the provision of reports to allow decisions to be made timeously. Where cost and time restraints impacted upon the decision-making process we presented various options to meet specific requirements.
Community Benefits: Sponsored High School Christmas Concert